Warning: Declaration of description_walker::start_el(&$output, $item, $depth, $args) should be compatible with Walker_Nav_Menu::start_el(&$output, $item, $depth = 0, $args = Array, $id = 0) in /home/geaway/webapps/wp/wp-content/themes/rebrand/functions.php on line 200

Warning: Declaration of Custom_Walker_Page::start_el(&$output, $page, $depth, $args, $current_page) should be compatible with Walker_Page::start_el(&$output, $page, $depth = 0, $args = Array, $current_page = 0) in /home/geaway/webapps/wp/wp-content/themes/rebrand/functions.php on line 285
Parma, Modena e Reggio Emilia Geaway Incoming - The Italian Incoming Agency

Parma, Modena e Reggio Emilia

First Day: MODENA

Meeting with the guide for the visit of the city founded in 183 a.C., as a Colony of Roman rights, by the triumvirs Marco Emilio Lepido, Tito Ebuzio Parro and Lucio Quinzio Crispino. From 1598 to 1859 Modena was the capital of the Este duchy and is an ancient university and archiepiscopal seat. The Cathedral, the Civic Tower and the Piazza Grande of the city are included, since 1997, in the list of Italian heritage sites by UNESCO.

Second Day: PARMA E FONTANELLATO

Guided tour of the city. On the ruins of Parma Romana, precious buildings such as the Cathedral and the Baptistery were built in the Middle Ages. With the Municipality was reborn he public vocation of the Forum where the buildings of the Municipal Government were built. The expansion of the city welcomed impressive monasteries, churches and hospitals. The Renaissance left wonderful traces in the painting of Correggio and Parmigianino. In the afternoon guided tour of the Castle of Fontanellato which has a medieval appearance and surrounded by a moat, and which houses the masterpiece of the young Parmigianino frescoed on the vault of a small hall.

Third Day: REGGIO EMILIA

The itinerary of the guided tour takes place in the historical center of the city and makes it possible to approach the millenary history of the city in the Po river plain, located, like the other Emilian centers, on the axis of Via Aemilia where, in 175 a.C. the Romans founded a trading center called Regium Lepidi named after the consul Marco Emilio Lepido, a builder of the homonymous street. The visit unfolds in a succession of squares: Piazza del Teatri, Piazza Grande, today Prampolini with the Cathedral, the Baptistery and the Palazzo del Comune, Piazza San Prospero, with the homonymous Basilica to end on Corso Garibaldi, where is the Sanctuary of the Madonna della Ghiara, with splendid cycles of frescoes of the seventeenth-century Emilian school.